How to setup iwork pages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mshepp, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mshepp macrumors member

I was just wondering how do you setup pages in iwork so that the document has blank space to the left and right, so it basically looks like a piece of paper on the screen. Currently the page spans the entire size of the screen and i cant get a good perspective of how it would look on paper, i know there is full screen mode but then you loose all the menus etc. Basically i want it to look how MS Word looks in, i think it is, page view? I hope i have made myself clear, its kinda hard to describe what im after. Thanks for any replies.

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

I really don't think it's possible, at least not in '08. You can easily get the grey background to the right of the document and below, but not to the left.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It takes a bit of getting used to, I would admit that. However once you do I find it a lot easier to concentrate on the text I am writing with the simple look.

4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Actually the one thing I prefer in Word (2004 at least; I've not bothered with 2008) is how the zoom level automatically adjusts when you drag-resize the document window.

And that's about it.