How to share a Calendar with someone else with iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xystence, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

An obvious feature that gmail has and mobileme had, has anyone found how to set this up yet?

2. angle macrumors regular

I'm curious about this as well. I've been trying to dig through all the documentation I can find about sharing calendars, but have had no luck :(

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You can share a calendar via the iCloud.com web interface. Log in, choose your calendar and get an option to share with specific people or with the public. If you choose public you get a URL (webcal://p03-www.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/.......) which you send.

4. Ambrish macrumors newbie

Is there a way to embed your calendar(s) into a webpage? Just to allow visitors to see - not edit.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

when you share a calendar as public it will give the viewer read only access, so when you embed a calendar url into website use the public calendar link.

6. jockboy macrumors newbie

does anyone know how to join a shared calendar from a mobileme user if I have upgraded to iCloud?

7. mdriftmeyer macrumors 68030

mdriftmeyer

I believe the poster was asking for a thinner solution where one can acess a public calendar of someone's iCloud account to see their calendars from any browser in the globe.

the xml format of the webcal format should just work inside any webkit browser.

After all, the final served document to the browser is just HTML 5.