How to Share Audio on iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac 128, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mac 128, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016

Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Has Apple indicated anywhere how audio can be shared between two people, to replace a simple headphone splitter?

I imagine the only way to do it currently is not to use the Lightning headphones, or AirPods, but instead use the 3.5mm adapter with two sets of old 3.5mm earbuds.

I was hoping to see something along the lines of Apple allowing two or more AirPods to easily pair to the same device to listen at the same time.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If you have two lightning earbuds, use the adapter that allows you to listen and charge simultaneously.

If you have traditional earbuds - you'll need an adapter and a splitter.

3. Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 601

Mac 128

The Belkin adapter does not allow more than one audio device and one charger at the same time. So no, that is NOT an option. Are you referencing another?

Traditional earbuds turns out to be the easiest solution. Customers who do this already have the headphone splitter, so now they will just opt for the 3.5mm adapter included in the box. So much for promoting Lightning or wireless to replace the 3.5mm jack.

4. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

It's replaced it for me.

5. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

I'm not sure how Bluetooth works, but can 2 BT headphones be paired to a single iPhone for listening to music?

6. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Hi
    Not the perfect solution and 100% charge would help but with FREE in box adapter PLUS-
    [​IMG]
    image.jpeg
    one of the above two with vol probably at MAX needed.

cheers

Attached Files:

7. Mac 128, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 601

Mac 128

I think that's the only solution at the moment, until we see whether the Belkin adapter will allow two headphones.

Put the Lightning EarPods in the drawer and grab the old earbuds -- the futures not here yet.

At least the headphone adapter didn't cost anything for the customer to go back to what they were previously using. Now if they have to charge while listening ...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 10, 2016 ---
    The only response I've gotten so far is no. Unless Apple has added some new feature to allow this with their W1 chip, I doubt it.

Maybe Apple or a third party will come up with some kind of wireless BT splitter which you pair to the phone, and then you can pair up to 4 headsets to that ...

Regardless, it looks like the only option currently is wired 3.5mm headphones

8. FloridaGary macrumors regular

Anker is also making an adapter so you charge while listening to music.

9. deany, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

deany macrumors 68030

deany

Hi
    A couple listening to the same iPhone (very romantic by the way!) will have battery issues with the FREE adapter and the standard 3.5mm splitter (I mentioned earlier).
    My experiece and I'm no expert on this but I feel couples tends to like to listen to the same music source ie iPhone when in these instances -

• on an aeroplane
    • on the beach, by the pool (care needed for water ingress)
    • camping - tent

I think a fully charged battery booster (again far from ideal) for their romantic trip maybe their best answer. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OJXVDAU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At home the couple I think will be less likely to want to enjoy the above. The couple will maybe have the excellent SONOS or a bluetooth speaker https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GZC35YK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - (presently a silly price I paid £16.09 Nov '15 - my bathroom speaker)
    - so as to share the music together.
    cheers

10. Mac 128 thread starter macrumors 601

Mac 128

Very romantic. But I think you'll also find kids are some of the top iPhone sharers. My nephews travel in the backseat sharing headphones and using their mom's iPhone to play games together, listen to music, watch YouTube videos, and watch movies together on long trips. Keeps them quiet and entertained.

11. deany macrumors 68030

deany

yep, being single and only my mum and brother left I'm probably not the best person to work this out.
    I have had experince of the shared adapter and it worked well.
    In fact I bought one at Christmas when my ex stayed - our feline very best friend was very ill with a incurable heart condition so to avoid stress I wired up a shared headphone system with a 5 metre cable from the TV - these are unusual examples but I guess anything is possible.

RIP Percy.