How to? Short cut to append text to doc\note (using alfred or other)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevindosi, Jan 20, 2014.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to find an easy way to append text to a document. I study languages and constantly come across new words, so I would like to have a quick way to just add any new word to a document.

Here's the workflow I'm looking for:
    I come across a word in a web browser that I'm not familiar with. I send some trigger to append that text to the document. Perhaps by tapping the word with 4 fingers or by selecting it and hitting a hotkey. The word gets sent to a new line in the document and gives me a notification.

Ideally this shortcut would send words to a spreadsheet (numbers, excel or, even better, google docs). If not, any text editor or the Notes app would be fine.

Does anyone have any ideas how this might be accomplished? I know this is possible in quicksilver but I have switched to Alfred and don't really want to use both. If not in alfred, maybe there's some other way to make this happen?

2. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

ActionsApp for Ipad by Usefool (something or other) might be worth a look. The new "flows" upgrade allows a simple construction of actionable 'actions' across multiple Apps. Will have a look in the morning to see if I can replicate.

Having said that - it's late, and I'm thinking fuzzy. :) Someone will more than likely pop up something far simpler....