How to show a list of hidden apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mystikal, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I was curious the other day as to if anyone knows of an application to show all applications hidden by SBsettings? I have been hiding more apps recently since I don't want to surpass 2 pages (i have 5 rows) of apps.

Is there anything in Cydia that can do this for me?

2. Screwtape macrumors regular

You might want to consider using Categories. It'll allow to to organize and minimize your apps down to one or two folders and let you have easy access to them.

It would probably be easier than something that sees hidden apps (which I'm not sure exists) and more practical.

3. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I'll recommend Categories as well. Make sure to pick up CategoriesSB too, it makes it way faster.

4. foob macrumors 6502

foob

The file /private/var/mobile/Library/LibHide/hidden.plist is a list of everything hidden.

5. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

With these two apps, can I have the categories above the dock while keeping my dock icons the same?

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Why can't you just go SBSettings>More>Hide Icons? Anything listed there as "Off" is hidden.

7. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well I can. I just want something quick and easy to see instead of going through those steps.

8. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

So how can I change the default icons? If I name a folder "games" it gets assigned a red icon. If I name it "games." it changed to the icon I like.

Do I have to SSH in to fix that?

9. radioBirdman macrumors newbie

To change a folder's icon just open Categories > Edit > tap Games > tap Icon > select the icon you want > Respring

10. snobny macrumors member

Talking about SBsettings--I downloaded the app and and for the life of me I cannot get it to open? Swiping across status bar does nothing

11. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Thats what I did. However heres my problem:

Folder named "Games" shows a red icon on my springboard VS folder named "Games" shows a custom icon I chose.

I can choose a custom icon, however if there is no period, the icon shows red on my springboard.