How to show all of Ical title and get rid of highlight - NEED HELP -

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CarsonS, Oct 26, 2009.

1. CarsonS macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am trying to help my wife do up and print a simple calender using Ical. Two problems: When she types a title for the event that is too long it all won't show up when printed. Can't seem to use spaces or the return to move the text to fill up the calender space. How can you make all the text show?

Also - she doesn't want a time to show so I marked them all as All Day - this highlights the text - not good as she wants to photo copy the calender - she is a teacher and it is for her class - How do you get rid of the highlight?

Thanks very much for your time and help.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Under iCal General Preferences uncheck "Show Times in Month View" box

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

As for the text, you can print using smaller font and eliminating the calendar keys and mini months to get more text in each day in month view

4. CarsonS thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried changing the size that it prints as - no matter what size it still doesn't show all of the characters in a longer title - "Rebekah Star Student, Assembley, Report Cards" shows up as "Rebekah Star Stiud...mbly,Report Cards" - It leaves out the middle.

It doesn't do this if you give it a time but she doesn't want a time to show on the print -

Any ideas?
    Thanks

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I don't think you can do this. iCal works great in electronic format - click on an event and all data associated with it pops up - either on a computer or an iPhone. It takes shortcuts on printing so your printout doesn't look cluttered - in accord with Apple's minimalism.

Perhaps also asking here http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=903 may get you more info. Let me know if you solve this one.

6. CarsonS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks
    Frustrates the crap out of me. I can get it to show all the characters if I give it a time but it changes it when it is an all day event. Thought Apple would be smarter than this.

Thanks for the link I will give it a try.