How to shut off all messages across devices temporarily?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Undecided, May 4, 2016.

1. Undecided macrumors 6502a

I normally have my Mac, iPad, iPhone and watch all show messages, whether sent to my phone number or Apple ID. But sometimes it gets out of control and I just want to shut it all off for a while, especially since my mobile number is my work number and my Apple ID is tied to it. But if I turn off my iPhone, my Mac and iPad still notify me, etc., etc.. It can become a game of whack-a-mole to shut it all off (temporarily) but still enjoy using the devices with some peace. Sometimes I think it's all off and then my iPad will ring from across the house! Or my old iPhone 5 I use to control my Apple TV. Is there a quick and easy way to toggle on/off all messaging across all devices at once?

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I know the feeling.

While it won't toggle all devices at once, you can use Do Not Disturb. You can do that from Control Centre on your iPhone and iPad, and from Notification Centre on your Mac. It should only take a few seconds. :)

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204321