How to Sim-Unlock an already jailbroken iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by keRacer, Jul 9, 2010.

1. keRacer macrumors newbie

How do I do it? I can't find the right software anyware.there was supposed to be a way you can do it through cydia with a product called yellowsn0w but the repository was removed.

remember, it's already jailbroken.

Thanks! any help is appreciated. :D

2. canada eh macrumors regular

3. The General macrumors 601

Sigh.

What kind of iPhone do you have? This matters.

4. keRacer thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, I have an iPhone 2G 8GB (with firmware 3.1.3). I don't know what tool was used to jailbreak it because i bought it off of ebay. I tried a program off of cydia called "Ultrasn0w" but I guess it just works with the iPhone 3G.

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Download Redsn0w 9.4 and do it with that. If it is already jailbroken you can just tell it to unlock but you will also need to download two Bootloader files. One file is called BL-39.bin, the other BL-46.bin

Use these Instructions. You will see the bootloader files are in there for you to download but dont use that Redsn0w. It is old. Search for and download 9.4 and use that....maybe that one will work but it is old too and 9.4 works well.

FYI..i do not know if you run Redsn0w if it will remove your jailbreak if you just use the unlock. Maybe someone can confirm. I dont think so but im not 100% sure. Never ran just a straight unlock. so you might want to just run the jailbreak too(install cydia) and unlock at the same time. It is easy and if it dont take the first time, just repeat the redsn0w process again.

6. keRacer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! all this time i thought that you needed to restore it to it's factory defaults to use that method. but i'm just curious, is their a way to do it through cydia on an iphone 2G?

Thanks! I have been searching the internet for days! (not constantly of course :p)

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You don't need to rejailbreak with Redsn0w. Just install BootNeuter from Cydia. It will allow you to neuter your bootloader and permanently unlock your baseband right from your phone.

8. keRacer thread starter macrumors newbie

Bootnueter screwed up my sound last time I tried to use it, is their a way to get around this?

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, no other way to unlock a 2G iphone unless you use bootneuter.

10. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

no, he can use redsn0w as i said. Ive never used Bootneuter,.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Redsnow also uses bootneuter to unlock. it just does it as part of the JB process when the phone first starts up.

12. keRacer thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, I noticed that last night when Sim-unlocked my phone, it worked but some of my applications wont work correctly or at all. (mostly apps that start automatically like winterboard, and categories) Is their any known workarounds for this?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I uninstalled them then reinstalled them but they still didnt work.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

my guess is your not running the incorrect versions of Applications double check that. the unlocking shouldn't cause problems but firmware will.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Unlocking the baseband has nothing to do with any other packages installed from cydia.