Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
United States
When I download a PDF on my new iMAC, and try to scroll through the PDF pages one by one with my magic mouse, I end up skipping a bunch of pages because the scroll with PDF's only is so fast and can't go from page one to page 2 etc. How can I correct this so I can sequentially read the document?

Thanks!

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Wait a little bit for the PDF to load all the way. It displays the first page as soon as it's loaded, but hasn't finished loading the other pages yet.

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
United States
I'm sure that's not the issue. I have a very fast cable download speed and even after several minutes a 25 page document still exhibits the same behavior described above when I try to slowly go from page to page sequentially.
Please help, this is frustrating.

On my MacBookPro, using the track pad swiping left or right simply and easily moves one page at a time and makes the document easily readable. WHat's up with the iMac?

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
By "load", I meant letting Preview load the whole PDF into its memory space, not download from the internet.

Glad you got it figured out, what was the issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.