How to sort apps within folders?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hakr100, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I like the new folders option on IOS 7, the one that presents you with nine apps within a folder and multiple folders scrollable from the main folder, but...

1. What if you have 40 or so apps spread out over a main folder called "UTILITIES" and four folders that scroll off that main folder, and you want to sort the apps within all those folders alphabetically? I've not been able to find any easy way to do this.

2. I'm using the latest beta of iTunes on my iMac and when I go to the page to control the apps on my iPhone, I see that the first folder in a set is displayed but not the folders that scroll off it. Surely there is a way to do this that I haven't discovered...any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help!

:D

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There is no sorting. You have to manually move all the icons around.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

1. There is no way to automatically sort apps alphabetically, in folders or not. You have to do it manually.

2. iTunes betas are not yet compatible with iOS 7. As is usual, Apple will release an iTunes update right before or the day of the new iPhone launch which will be compatible. Until then, the current betas of iTunes will not show folders as they currently work in iOS 7.

4. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arrgh! The failure to be able to sort...sounds like there will be uses for a jailbreak.

Thanks, Tyler. :)

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Not a problem.