How to specify default "connect as" ID

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tomllama, May 1, 2014.

1. tomllama macrumors regular

Every time I try to remotely connect to other Macs on my home network I get a default connection using my iCloud ID. Not what I want when I've specified to only allow certain users to connect. How (in what control panel) can I specify which ID to use when I try to connect?

I have saved the ID & PW I want in the keychain, but that appears to do absolutely nothing.

All of the computers are now running Mavericks but I got the same behavior previously too.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

How are you connecting? VPN or just screen sharing?

3. tomllama thread starter macrumors regular

Not VPN. Either trying to screen share or simply connect to access the HDD and files by clicking in Finder. I do not normally access via Finder's "Go>Connect to Server", I just click on the computer or disk in the sidebar of Finder.

4. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Having the same problem since Mavericks... sorry, no solution just another datapoint...

5. tomllama thread starter macrumors regular

bumping it back up in hopes someone might know the answer. Two different "geniuses" didn't ...

I can't believe others don't have the same issue. Click on a different computer on the home network or a shared drive in the sidebar and it opens with the optin/button to "connect as" or share screen. Screen sharing works fine but the damn connect as defaults to the Apple ID and not a user ID. I want to change the default to my user ID. How?

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe