How to Spread stacks in Mission Control

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nick123222, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nick123222 macrumors member

If you are using Lion and Mission Control and hate it because all your windows are in stacks so you can't see them. There is an easy way to spread the stacks which I just discovered. Just hover over the stack and swipe two fingers up. Voila, you can actually see the windows!

Thought I'd post this as I hadn't seen it documented anywhere. Hope this helps! :)

2. aresinferno macrumors regular

Nice find. I too have not seen this documented. Now if only there was a way to show hidden windows too.

3. Fantatier macrumors newbie

4. nick123222 thread starter macrumors member

But still a lot better. Don't forget that there is also application expose with three fingers down when on an application. That works exactly the same as Snow Leopard expose.

5. meagain macrumors 68030

OK, I keep seeing people refer to "application expose" and have yet to figure out what you're all talking about. Where does one set this up?

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

It's just Snow Leopard style Exposé for windows of the active application. So if you have multiple Safari windows open, swipe 3 fingers down, and you'll see them all. I think it's enabled by default. If not, check in the Trackpad settings.

If you don't have a Trackpad, you can also use Ctrl + down arrow, which you can change in the Mission Control settings.

7. kulimer macrumors 6502

8. D-a-a-n macrumors regular

9. phySi0 macrumors member

But it's much more useful in Lion, right?

10. D-a-a-n macrumors regular

Indeed it is.

11. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

or scroll the mouse wheel over the stack of windows to spread them a bit.

12. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Hmm, any way to change this behaviour to do app expose instead? That would be awesome :cool:

13. wiz7dome macrumors regular

wiz7dome

Hopefully someone will post a screen shot. Since I first discovered the MC nightmare, I was wondering if Apple was looking to iPhoto for inspiration. :(:(

That was the only way I could kinda understand what the development team MIGHT have been thinking when introducing that nightmare.

Here's hoping it helps some.

14. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Enable the three finger swipe down. It doesn't work within Mission Control, but it is the nearest I can find.