Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reilly2k

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
hi there

ive managed to jailbreak my ipod touch 1.1.3 ipodtouchmaster's way and ive installed open ssh but i still cant ssh into my ipod touch :confused:

ssh is not on the home screen but when in go into installer then to uninstall i see open ssh there

i do not have a clue why i cant ssh into my ipod touch!! also when i download stuff from installer it will only let me keep 5 things on the springboard and the other stuff wont show up!! very strange, but it will let me download it

any idea of how to fix the ssh problem :eek:

thank you very much

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
hi there

ive managed to jailbreak my ipod touch 1.1.3 ipodtouchmaster's way and ive installed open ssh but i still cant ssh into my ipod touch :confused:

ssh is not on the home screen but when in go into installer then to uninstall i see open ssh there

i do not have a clue why i cant ssh into my ipod touch!! also when i download stuff from installer it will only let me keep 5 things on the springboard and the other stuff wont show up!! very strange, but it will let me download it

any idea of how to fix the ssh problem :eek:

thank you very much

Follow one of the many SSH guides around here or on web, there are countless, and when it comes to username and password it will be 'root' as the username and 'alpine' as pass.

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
Hey... do NOT use File Sharing. I repeat. DO NOT USE FILE SHARING. If you copy over files or Apps they get corrupt.

this could be true but in my case i used AFPd for a long time usually for large data files like roms and not apps but anyway i never had any corrupt problem... that was this 1.1.2 anyway.... i used it coz it was convenient and the file transfer was faster for me than cyberduck so great for large files

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.