How to start a CD?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Eusebius, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Eusebius macrumors member

I was recently given a CD about an architect. On a windows computer, when I shove in the CD it starts automatically, and I can access interviews, panoramas, models, photos, and animations. When I put the CD into my iMac computer, it appears, as expected, as a drive on the desktop. However, when I click on the drive, the CD doesn't "start" as it does on the PC. Instead, the Finder merely shows a long list of files and folders. Two of them are called "launch", but when I click on them, a warning comes up saying that the OS doesn't support that file. Is there any way to start up this CD on an Apple, without having to invest in Parallels and a Windows OS?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Short answer. No.

This is the world of PC's and Macs. Compatibility is sometimes an issue between the two. If you bought this CD then I suggest asking the Mfg. about a Mac Version. Otherwise you're kinda SOL. Sorry.

If you do wish to invest in Parallels I would highly recommend it. It would resolve any future compatibility issues and quite affordable.