How To Start a Local Club

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BeefCake 15, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BeefCake 15, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016

BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

I'm looking to start a local watch collectors/enthusiasts club in my area and was wondering if anyone has experience/information that can be helpful. I'm in talks with a place for a venue but needed some ideas on agendas, discussion points, activities, funding etc.

Any helpful notes and ideas are welcome even if you started/attend other enthusiast groups!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'm going to assume this club has members already if you're looking for a venue - if that's the case, ask the members! I'm sure they joined such a club with some ideas of things to share with other like-minded members.

If you're not at the point where you have members, then you might be a bit premature on booking a venue for get-togethers.

When in doubt, see if there are any groups on Reddit and what they discuss at their meetings. Good luck!

3. BeefCake 15 thread starter macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

The place won't cost us to start, still working on advertising to get membership but already have few interested in people to get it going. Thanks for the Reddit idea!

4. lowendlinux, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I started a LUG about 6 years ago we don't have a place we meet we just make reservations for how many we think are going to show at the now biweekly get togethers at a central restaurant.