How To Start An App At Start-up Minimized??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olletsocmit, Sep 19, 2010.

1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

I have the app called "SimpleTask" set to start-up when i turn my Mac on. The icon is just in the top taskbar. The problem is that when i turn my Mac on the window of the app comes up on my desktop and then i have to manually minimize it every time. Is there a way to have it start-up minimized in the taskbar from the start so i dont have to do it manually? There is no option for this in the preferences. There has to be a way to do it thou.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about the HIDE checkbox in System Preferences > Accounts > YOU > Login Items?

Btw, what you call "taskbar" is called the "Menu Bar" in Mac OS X.

3. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

Thanks man. Worked perfectly. No longer have to manually hide each time. Thanks for the help!

4. damson34 macrumors 6502

You are his hero! LoL.

5. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

It is no longer working. I very rarely restart my Mac so i just noticed it. After i checked the hide box and restarted my Mac it started hidden the first time, but this only happens 1 time and then it automatically unchecks itself. So every other restart i have to go back in and check hide again. Any idea why it only works for 1 time after i check it, then does not work any more?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys