How to start over and submit my application...

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by LoganRockz, Nov 26, 2011.

1. LoganRockz macrumors newbie

Hello...

I have had way to many troubles submitting my app to the app store. I think it is because I've added so many provisioning profiles and just messed the whole thing up. I want to know how to "start over" as in delete everything and start from scratch in submitting my app. Can anyone help me please?

- Logan :apple:

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

.. Got to your Keychain Acces, and delete everything from certificates/keys.
    In your Developer Portal, delete everything, exept the App ID, well, you can't delete it anyways, so you're stuck with that anyhow.
    And it's actually not that hard, so maybe try to folow a better guide?

3. LoganRockz thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_2) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.48.3)

Thank you so much! I deleted everything from Keychain Access and removed everything from my dev center portal. If by any chance, do you have a certain guide (if from Apple it would be great) I could follow which teaches how to send and distribute an app with Xcode 4.2?

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

It's actually pretty simple..

In your provisioning portal, you need to revoke all Certificates.
    Generate a new one via Keychain acces, allow it on your provisioning portal.
    Then you need an Apple ID, this can be a wildcard if you don't need Push Notifications or shared keychain acces etc.
    Then you will need a distribution profile, which can be made in the Provisioning -> Distribution.
    After you assigned the distribution file to the good Apple ID.
    You need to make sure your target name in the summary matches up with your Apple ID.
    Select "for release- your Distribution profile, then select iOS Device for "running", or an actual device. Press product at the top, then Archive. If that's fully done, you will need to press Share, and you can generate an .IPA with the right distribution profile.
    The full guide to actually submitting it to the store can be find in Itunes Connect (under your account on the developer.apple.com).
    It's a 350 page PDF (alot can be skipped), to commit it correctly.