How to stop Apple Pay Notifications on Lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sparkhill, Oct 21, 2014.

1. sparkhill macrumors regular

As the title says, every time somebody in my house uses a credit card stored in Passbook, the transaction shows up on my lock screen, even if it was a swipe transaction. I do not care where my wife and lunch or that she bought some crap on Amazon. I can't figure out how to shut this off. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

Taking a guess here, but here's two thoughts.

1. Are you sharing the same iTunes ID and iCloud ID? iTunes ID I can some what understand though the value of this is some what gone after Family Sharing.
    2. Are the card numbers the exact same?

I haven't seen this happen yet, and my wife and I share Credit and Debit card ACCOUNT's but have different ID numbers on our cards, and have separate iTunes and iCloud accounts.

The other thing would be seeing if there is a setting in Notification center. Each app has an area for notifications. If passbook is sending items out I'd think you'd be able to disable them from there.

3. royinla14 macrumors 6502

Turn off notifications of passbook in the settings?

4. sparkhill thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, same card number. I don't even want mine to show on the lock screen though. I know I bought something online, for example. I should have said notifications are off.

Tried that but they keep popping up.