How to stop apps opening?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tytbody, May 26, 2015.

1. tytbody macrumors regular

Hi all,

How do I get iTunes and Adobe reader to stop loading sporadically. ?? Please

i can be on my computer like now, not even having used either application and iTunes will open up? how is this happening?

Also, when I turn on my computer, Adobe reader is loading up, and it opens,I see the little black dot underneath the icon, that's how I know it's open.

Then I have to go close these apps of which I did not turn on.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly and thank you for your time in helping me, stop these applications from running on their own.

2. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

Try going into Users & Groups from the System Preferences menu, click your username and then click the button that says "Login Items". There it'll show you a list of programs that will open once you log on. In your case, select Adobe Reader and then hit the minus button right below the list of programs. Not sure if that'll fix your issue with iTunes as well though.

Here's an article if you need help visualizing it: http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_remove_startup_items_os_x

3. tytbody thread starter macrumors regular

thank you very much. how does that get in there. ?? these programs. I deleted the iTunes one also. We shall see. thank you again.