How to stop browser slide back

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crisito, Jul 28, 2012.

1. crisito macrumors regular

Is there any way that I can make the Safari browser not do the slide/scroll back feature, like the page moves to the right when doing the two finger gesture. I want it to function as it did in the past.

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Why would you want to stop something that works so well?

3. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't work well for me. When I slide to go back, it seems to take longer when it's reloading the page.

4. andyriot macrumors member

Agreed the slide back is silly. Hate how it reloads the page after going back... Sometimes sits there on a blank white page until it loads/refreshes itself.

In System Prefs > Trackpad > More Gestures > Swipe between pages > "Swipe with two or three fingers"

Change that option and then you can go back to the default three finger back/forward with no reloading of the page as it should be. Also makes it work in finder with 3 fingers.

5. barredfreak macrumors 6502

That is attributed to a variety of factors, like your connection speed and computer speed.

6. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I did try that, and have tried it again, but there doesn't seem to be any difference?

----------

I'm on a 6 meg connection on a Pro Retina and it still does it...

----------

EDIT: Oh, I've got it working with 'Swipe with three fingers'.

Pity that I'm used to using two.

7. andyriot macrumors member

Hey glad you got it working. I was also used to two but have quickly become accustomed to three now within days really. I use three finger swipes both in browser and finder now.