How to stop iPhone correcting UK to I'm

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joe8232, Oct 1, 2008.

1. joe8232 macrumors regular

Does anyone else have the problem where their iPhone keeps correcting uk to i'm - this is particularly annoying when typing web addresses. Is there a way to add words to a list that will not get auto-corrected? Also get it with st (I live in St. Andrews) which it corrects to at. Very annoying.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I think that if you refuse a specific auto-correction about 5 times, by pressing the bubble each time before accepting it, it will stop doing it after that.

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

the iphone has a "smart" dictionary so if you keep typing words and x-ing the recommendations it will learn your words.

4. NekoFever macrumors member

BTW, if you're typing 'uk' in URLs as part of '.co.uk', hold down on the '.com' button and it'll offer a shortcut to '.co.uk', assuming your keyboard is set to UK English. If you can't solve a problem, find a way around it ;)

5. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I didn't know this and I thought I had worked out all the little shortcuts. Thanks!

6. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

I've typed .co.uk millions of times and clicked the x bubble but it continues to correct it to I'm.

the .com button is not always present when typing in email addresses in forms etc.

7. joe8232 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree that the .co.uk is quite handy but I also type .ac.uk quite a bit but sadly apple doesn't let you customize the shortcut options :(

8. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

This annoys me too, I've been refusing the auto suggestion since the phone came out and it still hasn't stopped doing it!

9. Shad0w59 macrumors member

Jailbreak plus the appropriate package can turn off auto correct.

10. JAWWC macrumors regular

I have this problem. I don't want to turn off auto correct completely, I just wish this function people say was true, but it never seems to remember when I press the x.