How to stop iPhoto from launching when you connect touch, but still with your camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by todd2000, Jan 18, 2009.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Sorry if the title isn't too clear, but is there any way to stop iPhoto from launching when I hook up my iPod Touch, but still have it automatically launch when I plug in my Memory Stick? I figured out how to stop it using Image Capture, but that will stop the memory stick too. Is there any way to stop just the Touch, and leave the memory stick alone? Not a huge deal, but would be handy.

2. claylj macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem on my PC that when I connected the Ipod Touch that a dialog box came up asking me to select a photo app. I found out that having a photo in the "Saved Photos" folder in the "Photos" app on the Ipod caused this to occur. Deleting all photos in this folder fixed the problem. Photos get into this folder when you do a screen capture or download a photo from a web site.

Hope this helps.

3. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

iPhoto will launch if you have pictures saved in 'Saved Photos' within the Photo app as previously mentioned.

You can delete the pictures as suggested or if you want to keep them, transfer them into iPhoto and next time you sync it will not launch. Unless of course, you have saved some more pictures.