how to stop iTunes deleting my apps when syncing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lit Up*, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lit Up* macrumors member

So I've been downloading a lot of apps recently when I wasn't near my computer, hence unable to install the IPAs into itunes. Now when I sync it looks like it's going to reduce the apps on the phone and so I cancel the sync.

How do I stop itunes from doing this? Can I copy the IPAs off the phone using an explorer and stop it from deleting them? or do I need to download all the IPAs again via the computer and stick them in itunes?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Stop trying to install stolen applications and buy them. Works for all of us.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

File->Transfer Purchases

Then make sure you have your iPhone settings set to copy purchases to the computer, which it should do automatically.

TEG

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

It does not matter if you download to phone or to computer a sync does not normally delete any apps. Did you purchase these apps legally or or we talking hacked apps here??

5. Lit Up* thread starter macrumors member

stuff I got for free. no moralising please,

writing 'buy it' is hardly going to make me do so... although it might make you feel good

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Well there's your problem.

You're not going to get any help with cracked apps here. There are plenty of other sites that will willingly help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.