How to stop my Macbook from automatically connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phyl, Mar 4, 2009.

1. phyl macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using a Macbook Pro OS X and was wondering if there is a way to stop my airport/wireless internet from automatically connecting to the internet when i start my computer.

I want it so that it disconnects from the internet when i close the lid and for it to stay disconnected until i manually reconnect it myself again. I'm currently connected to shared internet which does not require me to enter a password.

I don't want to be having to turn the airport off everytime i leave the computer but i would like to have to turn it on when i need the internet. I hope this all makes sense. Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
    ppp

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Your laptop will disconnect from the internet when you close the lid. You can try deleting the network in your list and then reconnecting to it and tell it not to remember networks. That might work.

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I'm not on Mac at the moment so I can't tell you exactly, but from memory I think you go to system preferences > internet (or network or whatever it is) and then you can uncheck a box that says something like 'connect automatically'.

4. phyl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks BigHungry04... it worked perfectly!

and és.. thanks but i couldn't find that option :)

5. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502