How to stop Quicktime from auto opening iMovie exported clip???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Mar 6, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Driving me crazy. Makes me manually close 50 movie frames. right clicking and hide only hides it until the next movie exports.

2. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

I also went into get info and changed it to open all with VLC but it still opens with quicktime after movie export. Which tells me this is a iMovie setting and not a quicktime setting.

3. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

I swear this and 20 other things I'm the only one it bothers. Cuz how could the web not be bombarded with hundreds of these questions? FYI it's not. Aside from one or two I was able to find it's mostly a safari based line of questioning. Every once in a while a auto loaded movie frame is no biggy. But having to manually close 100 of them each time I export the clips is asinine. Someone please give me a fix?!?! It doesn't even need to be pretty. Just something to get me through the next month while I export 4000 minutes of vids. I guess I could try deleting QuickTime but I'm guessing some other program would pop up. But if it's a imovie thing maybe not. I will try it if no body has better.

4. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Well I can't even delete QuickTime. I am surprise that my mac desktop is the same as my iphone - locked down take it or leave it.

----------

there i had to resort to a hugely hack and corrupt the naming system of the show package files in quicktime. bye bye quicktime for now