How to stop scam webpage?

Nic727

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
Since yesterday, I have a problem with the page « vip lucky gifts center » showing each time I visit some websites I always visited without problems. I found out some people also have this problem recently.

I cleared history/data of Safari, Facebook browser and YouTube app, but this pop up is showing still.

What should I do? Is there a true antivirus for iPhone?

Is it installed from an app? Maybe I should remove all my apps and games?

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2010
Since yesterday, I have a problem with the page « vip lucky gifts center » showing each time I visit some websites I always visited without problems. I found out some people also have this problem recently.

I cleared history/data of Safari, Facebook browser and YouTube app, but this pop up is showing still.

Got that one I think just yesterday, and I don't think I've seen a single one before then since I got my Pro Max.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA

It's probably an advertisement. The advertisement system can use javascript and some web devs use javascript to create popups with whatever content they want. Have you tried an adblocker?

Minorite

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2018
Poland
Double-check Settings > Accounts&passwords for any new/suspicious accounts. If you see any, delete it and check if you can still repro the ad.