How to Stop USB ports from turning off?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Shawzborne, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

Hi,

I keep having this issue,

"USB Devices Disabled-Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices."

[​IMG]

I am not sure if it is just a mavericks issue or not but my Macbook air 2013 1.3 Ghz 8gb RAM 512 GB ssd keeps turning off the usb ports to save power even though I am at 100% power and plugged inl

I am trying to use my Logitech USB headset model number A-0356A

Thank-you for your help,

Shawn

2. Bear macrumors G3

This is not a Mavericks only message. Is the headset plugged directly in to the Mac or is it plugged in to a hub? And if it's through a hub, does the usb hub have it's own power supply?

3. Shawzborne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

It is plugged Directly in

4. Bear macrumors G3

Have you tried different USB ports? Have you tried them on a different OS on that computer? Or a different computer?

A single device plugged directly in shouldn't require too much power unless there is an issue with the device or the port. If the headset is new, maybe there's an issue with the headset.

5. Shawzborne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

I only 1 mac so it would be pointless to try on my PC's, it is not a new headset.

6. Bear macrumors G3

So it worked before Mavericks on that Mac? It could be a change in how the USB driver handles the power information from the device. And you should file a bug report with Apple.

And the reason to try it on a PC is that USB ports have a specific amount of power and the PC would do much the same thing if there is a power issue on the headset.

7. Shawzborne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

8. eylem macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Set up mavericks today and usb devices stop working..