Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I just installed VM Fusion 3.0, it is really much faster running Windows Vista with it.

Anyway, my main issue is, when I opened Activity Monitor, I realized that VMF 3.0 runs in the background when the computer start, is there anyway to totally shut it off if I am not using it?

Also, on the top right tool bar, there is a "bi-head" arrow of VMF 3.0, how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Have you tried something like this? Instructions may be slightly different due to different OS's but the point is there.

JavierP

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
I just installed VM Fusion 3.0, it is really much faster running Windows Vista with it.

Anyway, my main issue is, when I opened Activity Monitor, I realized that VMF 3.0 runs in the background when the computer start, is there anyway to totally shut it off if I am not using it?

Also, on the top right tool bar, there is a "bi-head" arrow of VMF 3.0, how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

1) Install http://lingon.sourceforge.net/
2) Disable com.vmware.launchd.vmware
3) To stop vmware run this command from terminal

sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/boot.sh --stop

4) To start it

sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/boot.sh --start

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Click on the icon in the menu bar and it should show the "start" menu. Then click on "Applications Menu Settings" at the bottom of the menu and a window should pop up. Make sure you are in the first tab and change the dropdown to never or only when VMWare is running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.