How to stop "Welcome to Mail" Nag on startup?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 7never, Mar 20, 2008.

1. 7never macrumors newbie

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how to stop my Macbook Pro from the "welcome to mail" guide popping up everytime I start the computer?

I checked the "login items" and Mail is not listed. It must be a script somewhere but I cant find it...

I think it started after I installed "Avast".

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 7never thread starter macrumors newbie

3. 7never thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

I wonder if Avast is trying to scan your email when your system launches. Have you ever setup Mail.app on your Mac?

5. 7never thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, you are probably right.

I am new to Mac, finally making the switch away from Windows with a great sigh of relief...

I had setup Mail in Mac to access one of my Gmail accounts and it began to download years of emails. Later I deleted the files in Mac Mail and went back to Gmail and found my inbox was empty. Long story short I thought I lost hundreds of legal documents out of my Gmail. So I deleted the account on Mac Mail, and was presented with the nag screen again.

When I had this set up in windows it merely made duplicates in Outlook and left the files in the inbox on Gmail.

On further research I found I still had the inbox files on the Gmail server in my Archive.

Thanks, your suggestion caused the research. Now that I understand the process I have Mail back on my Mac.

Mac Rules!

6. aristobrat macrumors G4