How to suspend screensaver while using EyeTV?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NIPRING, Feb 17, 2008.

1. NIPRING macrumors 6502

I bought a eyetv 250 for my parents so they can eliminate a tv in their house. However, they know very very little about computers, which is why i bought them a g4 imac. If things dont go right they get discouraged and stop using things, so i usually test things out for ease of use before i turn it over to them. I've hooked up this eyetv 250 to my 500mhz Cube and it works quite well. However, the screen saver kicks in and then it must be interrupted to keep viewing the video. This would be a deal breaker for mom and dad. How can i suspend the screen saver only during the running of the EyeTV app? I dont want to turn off the screensaver completely because it makes for a great 17" digital picture frame for mom.
    thanks for any help.
    Bill

2. elmo151 Guest

go to settings>>desktop and screensaver and set "start screen saver" to never.

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

He clearly stated that he doesnt want to turn it off permanently

4. NIPRING thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, i kinda thought this was a simple solve common issue I just couldn't figure out, but maybe many people dont use the screensaver.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe try setting one of the hot corners to disable the screen saver? It will only be disabled while the cursor's at that corner.

System Preferences: Desktop & Screen Saver > Hot Corners...