iPad Pro How to switch iPads on ATT

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nhwhazup, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I currently have the iPad Air and have ordered the 9.7 iPad Pro. I have an old ATT monthly automatically renewable plan that charges my credit card.

I hear the new 9.7 Pro has both an embedded SIM card as well as a slot for the removable type SIM Card.

So what do I do to transfer the cellular plan from my old iPad to the new one?

ATT said I have to wait until I get the new iPad and then go to a store to get a new SIM card

Is this true or is there a way to enable the embedded SIM or transfer the old SIM to the new iPad?

2. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

If you have the 10 buck add a device to an existing cell account through att you'll need a new sim and have to go in store. If you singed up through the Apple in the iPad s settings you can cancel the old account on the old iPad and then add an account on the news one.

3. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have one of the original unlimited data plans where you just get charged to the credit card month by month. I don't want to cancel the old one as you can't get unlimited plans anymore. I just need to figure out how to transfer the old account to the new iPad.

4. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Good luck. Hopefully you can however I'd make plans if you can't.

5. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Worse case scenario, I can go to an ATT store and get a new SIM. I was hoping not to have to do that though.

6. HPLouis macrumors regular

It's easy. You can just transfer your data plan to the new iPad. It'll ask for your email and password and once you input it, it transfers over and even updates AT&T's iPad landing page with the new IMEi and ICCID numbers for you

7. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Very cool. Thank you HPLouis!