how to switch lang. in OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by galloman, May 29, 2007.

1. galloman macrumors member

Hi people,

I finally got my mac back from the aut. serv. center. with the new disc and Mac OS installed in my computer. Thing is, they installed OSX in spanish and I need it in english. I'm used to having my mac in english and want it that way, how can I do it ?

thanks in advance.

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

1) Open System Prefernces
    2) Open Internation Pane
    3) Drag English to top of the list.
    4) Log out and then back in again.

Also — 4 is not necessary, but is the quickest way to restart all you apps, including the Dock and Finder.

If you miss this step each time you open an app from now on it will be in English, although the Finder and any open apps will stay in Spanish until restarted.

3. galloman thread starter macrumors member

thanks a lot, worked like a charm.

just a FYI to anyone who reads this, the apple service I went through was really lame. It took the service center 15 days to replace a hard drive and I had to call them each and every single time to check on any progress.

I just think that if there is not an Apple store around, nor you live in the states, then consider a little more before getting a mac. The great service, sadly, isn't universal.

4. hopejr macrumors 6502

I think that's a bit of an over-generalisation. You don't have the be stateside to get good service from Apple retailers.