How to sync apps already on my iPhone to my iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ReL0ded, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ReL0ded macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

Now, to the problem: See, I have a iPhone (as stated in the tile) and a Mac as well as a WinPC. And since I got the iPhone before the Mac, I've been syncing it to the WinPC. BUt now, when I try to sync my apps on my phone to the Mac, it says that all the "apps will be replaced with those in the iTunes Library". So does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance. Below are screenshots of the problem:

Attached Files:

2. ReL0ded thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I have the same issue. Well not really an issue just and annoyance as I dock my phone at work and had it syncing but would prefer to have it syncing with my Mac so in the end i just backed up and synced it which lost all my apps but kept everything else and now I just dock my phone but have my work pc set to not sync.

I'd be interested to see what responses you get. :)

4. ReL0ded thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention that my PC crashed so my apps are like gone... :(

5. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Since your jailbroken there may be a way to copy the apps and their data off the phone and put them in the iTunes library on the Mac. I'd suggest visiting the Hacks forum.

Worst case scenario, you could download the apps from the App Store on the Mac before trying to sync again.

6. joshbonz macrumors newbie

I read somewhere of an application called 'ifunbox'.

What this application will do is that it will backup all applications on your phone,'.ipa' files, and after all the files had been backup on your MAC. Then you can copy it outright those backup files to your Itunes, 'App' Section.

Now when your going to sync your iphone to your itunes.. since those apps are pretty much the same on both.. then you would not be concern anymore about losing any applications anymore since both of the apps are present on the iphone and on the itunes app folder.

Just my two cents.. :D

7. ReL0ded thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooh that's helpful! Thanks, but its only for windows... If you have the download link for mac could you please post it or something? Thanks