how to sync bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godisjustpreten, Nov 15, 2007.

1. godisjustpreten macrumors member

I have spent hours saving and organizing bookmarks on my ipod touch. Now i'm worried about losing them. I noticed that iTunes has a sync web browser feature. I'm a pc user, so I have "Internet Explorer" as an option.

My question is this: if I currently have *no* bookmarks in IE (because I use Firefox exclusively on my pc), will this kill the bookmarks I have on my Touch, or will it bring the bookmarks from my Touch into IE on my pc?

(yes, I don't truly understand iTunes and the whole sync thing)
    Thanks.

2. a.chufong macrumors member

Hey, I'm a PC user and I use firefox as well. What I did was export my bookmarks from firefox, then imported them into internet explorer. After that, I sync'ed my iTouch through iTunes and that was it.

I hope that helps. PM me know if you need help with the firefox-to-IE import.

3. godisjustpreten thread starter macrumors member

Actually, this is my problem: my *iPod Touch* contains the bookmarks I want to keep on my iPod. I want to back these up somehow. I can find little or no info on how to do this properly.

4. dogknot macrumors newbie

iPod touch bookmarks are gone

I'm a mac user and am equally baffled about this... :confused:

I decided to sync Safari bookmarks with my iPod and now all of my iPod bookmarks which were carefully arranged in folders are gone. :eek:

Why is there no documentation about this or warning prompts anywhere??? :mad:

Any knowledge of restoring the lost iPod bookmarks if possible would be greatly appreciated. :)