how to sync calendar events between Mac and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YS2003, Apr 20, 2009.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am having issues with syncing calendar events. When I create a calendar event on my Mac and plug in the iPod Touch for syncing, that event will be syncronized to the iPod Touch's Calendar. But, the other way is not working. When I create a calendar event on my iPod Touch and plug it into my Mac and press "sync" on the iTunes main page, that event does not get updated to my Mac's Calendar.
    Am I doing something wrong?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Nope, that's just how it is. I may be wrong but I think the only way for it to work is by buying a MobileMe subscription, then whenever your iPod is connected to the internet it will automatically update your calendar on your computer.

3. Moocher macrumors regular

Mine syncs both ways. Check your settings. Other than that, I don't have any idea what the problem might be.

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

5. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Can you tell me what setting I should adjust? The only area I can see is "Settings" ---> "Fetch New Data" ---> Push "On" and Fetch "Manually."

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

check your settings on your Mac iTunes sync calendar settings.

I think you only need Mobile Me to sync multiple computers using iCal...between an iPod and Mac is no problem...usually.:rolleyes:

7. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I cannot find that area on my Mac's iTunes. Is it under "info?" My home internet is down (I am using the wireless card on my company PC now); so, I cannot use Mobile Me to sync all of my Macs. My iPod Touch is only synced with one of my Macs only via USB wire. Then, I sync the other Mac via Mobile Me.

I thought it should be as simple as pressing a sync button on iTune's "summary" page after plugging in my iPod Touch. But, it is not.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

You should look on your mac when you touch is connnected- there should be a section where you direct it to sync calendar, etc.

9. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am at a loss here. There is no button for Calendar on iTunes. So far, I have events created on my Mac's Calendar and on my iPod Touch's Calendar separately without being syncronized to combine both with "Sync."

10. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So you click the info tab and there is plenty there to do with calendar, etc.

What version of itunes are you using?

11. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

My iTune is 8.1.1. Under the "Info" tab, I see "Your calendars are being synced with your iPod over the air from MobileMe. Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPod" for the Calendar section. So, there is this one listing for Calendar, though.

12. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Thanks for the link. There are so many files need to be removed.:(
    This seems to be a known bug for iCal sync issue. I hope Apple will fix this so that users don't have to play with removing those files to make the sync work.

13. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I am confused- you don't have MobileMe...right?

In that info pane, scroll down and there are several areas dealing with syncing, etc that have nothing to do with MobileMe.

TRY THIS- quit iCal, and restart and see if your events show up. I actually had this happen when syncing through iCal recently- my wife would make changes, and they would not show up on mine even though I sync'd and then after restarting they ended up showing up.

14. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I do have Mobile Me. But, I was not able to use it because my Internet connection has been out. The info pane does not give me an option to pick something, except for Mail Accounts and Advanced.

I tried your suggestion. But, it did not work out, unfortunately.

With this episode, my home to replace my Palm T/X with the iPod Touch has been dashed. I hope Apple will fix this up soon.

I am going to reset my iPod Touch and start from scratch. I think that is the only option I have.

**Update**
    The reset has worked wonders. So far. This time, I opted out of setting up MobileMe for my iPod Touch as that was the main cause for not synching calendar events. Based on my initial set up (before this reset), I noticed there is no option available once MobileMe is set up for iPod Touch. So, it seems it is a little risky to commit my iPod Touch for syncing under MobileMe.