how to sync Calendar to MS Outlook calendar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 262Runnr, Oct 30, 2012.

1. 262Runnr macrumors regular

262Runnr

Is there a way to sync the Calendar in ML to MS Outlook calendar? I heard that there was something called iSync that is no longer supported in ML....would that have been one way to accomplish this?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Here is what I do. I happen to use my Gmail account as my Apple ID. So I have a calendar in iCal based on that Gmail account and I use Google Calendar Sync on my Win7 PC to sync my Outlook calendar with the Google calendar which in turns updates my iCal on ML.

Clear as mud?:p:)

3. 262Runnr thread starter macrumors regular

262Runnr

I get that part...here is my situation...

So, I have MS Outlook installed on my PC that I sync my iPhone with iTunes. In turn I also then sync MS Outlook to my Google Calendar via Google Calendar Sync...that's the easy part.

Now I also have a new MBP that has MAC Outlook. I am presently syncing my Google calendar with Calendar on my MAC, no problem, but in turn I also want to sync Calendar with my MAC Outlook Calendar so both MS Outlook Calendars on my PC and my MAC are the same....are you confused yet? ;)

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I think I understand and the best I know of is that it's not possible. iSync was supposed to be the only way to do that I hear and now it's not compatible with ML. So I don't think there is a solution for you. :(

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Outlook for Mac does not support CalDAV or CardDAV. iCloud email works, but no sync to either iCloud or Google Calendars or Contacts. Microsoft has not announced plans to add these protocols.

Apple has deprecated Sync Services in Mountain Lion and it no longer works reliably.That means:

• You can no longer sync with an iPhone or iPad via iTunes. You can only sync with an iPhone or iPad via a cloud-based service*like iCloud or Google.
    • You can no longer sync local calendars with OS X Calendar (formerly iCal). You can, however, continue to sync calendars hosted*on a cloud-based service like iCloud or Google with OS X Calendar.
    • You can no longer sync with any third-party apps running on your Mac that use Sync Services, like Entourage or Outlook.

You'll need to look at Office 365 or hosted Exchange to get sync with your iPhone and Outlook for Mac. It's $4/month.

Microsoft Office 365 Marketplace
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/support.aspx