How to sync contacts and photos from iPhone to NEW iTunes ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cudo, Jan 21, 2010.

1. cudo macrumors regular

Hi,

I just got my self new computer (win) cos the last one got broken. When I try to sync my iPhone with newly installed iTunes I am getting worrning that all current data will be erased witht the date from new itunes.

Is there a way to get my contacts to iTunes?

--
    MC

2. thelordnyax macrumors regular

syncing it to the new computer will only erase the media on there..(songs and videos) and apps, if you tell it to sync Apps

but your contacts will be synced to the new computer...not entirely sure what will happen to photos

photos that are in the "Camera Roll" can be imported to your computer, but the ones in the "Photo Library" cannot be...if you don't have iTunes sync photos, they should stay on the phone

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sync contacts with Outlook (better) or Windows Address Book and when asked, MERGE. You can sync notes and calendar with Outlook only. Also, for safety use Funambol to put your contacts online, so if anything happens you won't lose them. Use Sharepod to get your photos and music off the iPhone.