How to sync iCal and Google?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tomegun, Dec 17, 2008.

1. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I read a thread about syncing iCal with Google, but I don't know how to do this. Is this easy to setup and how useful would it be?

I have MM and an iPhone so I don't know how much I would use this anyway.

2. Kocab macrumors newbie

I use spanning sync. Works well for me. Though I'd be happier if it were possible to just subscribe to google calendars in iCal and have them synced to Mobleme wirelessly.

Perhaps now that MobileMe seems to be working, the engineers will start adding functionality.

3. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

I too use Spanning Sync. It works great.

I also use Smart Time on my iphone. It is a task manager. Download it at the App Store.

Good luck!

4. kyleaa macrumors regular

One reason that I really like SpanningSync is the support as well. I have tried Google's sync solution for outlook and found it abysmally lacking, and Google offers no support at all. Even though CalDAV is free, I don't feel bad about having spent money on SpanningSync.

5. justind.clark macrumors member

Alternative to Spanning Sync

You can use a free program made by Google called Calaboration it is super easy to use but the problem is that it doesn't sync gmail contacts for that and much more use the web based Soocial it works with tons of phones and gmail and Macs and PCs.

6. michaellynn macrumors newbie

michaellynn

I tried spanning sync with a recommendation from the forum, Thanks so much I love it.

7. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

I'm I missing something? After getting Calaboration installed and working, how does one then get the events on one's iPhone?

I've managed to get events going from Google to iCal but the events are not getting to my iPhone.

Thanks
    David

8. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

You'll need to configure your iTunes to sync the calendar to the iPhone. On the Info tab you can set this up.

MobileMe can do this as well though I haven't set that up.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I use BusySync to connect my wife's gmail calendar to both her iCal and mine. I tried both BusySync and SpanningSync and found the former to work better—though they both worked.