How to sync ical with ipod touch

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ralika, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ralika macrumors newbie

I can't seem to get ipod touch to sync with ical. Isync keeps saying to use bluetooth and macbook pro and ipod touch won't connect to each other.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Calendar are synced with the iPod using iTunes. Connect your iPod, open iTunes, select the iPod in the left-hand navigation in iTunes, and enable the "Sync iCal calendars" option under the Info tab.

3. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

I am aware that iPod Touches have to be synced usually through iTunes and a USB cable, but does anybody know if there is a runaround to do it wirelessly yet or is this impossible? :confused:

4. pdjudd macrumors 601

No it is not possible to sync wireless unless you use MobileMe

5. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Ahh so if I use MobileMe then my iPod Touch will sync wirelessly?

6. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

It should do if you're connected to the WiFi.

7. joejoe2010 macrumors newbie

You can sync iCal and your Ipod Touch (or Iphone) Calendar wirelessly if you do so via Google Calendar.

Step 1: Create a Gmail account if you do not already have one.

Step 2: Set up iCal to show your Google Calendar events (http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99358#ical).

Step 3: Set up your Ipod Touch to also show Google Calendar (http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740).

Step 4: Be sure to add/edit events in iCal to your mapped Google Calendar, and not to your normal 'Home' or 'Work' calendars.

This system is ideal because A) you dont have to pay for a MobileMe subscription solely to sync your calendars, and B) you can update your calendar on your own computer or Ipod Touch (or Iphone) as well as any other computer which can access your Google account.

Goodluck.