How to sync imessages in ML and iOS

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by FX4568, Jul 25, 2012.

1. FX4568 macrumors 6502

Everything is up to date.
    How do I sync incoming messages and outgoing messages in every imessage chat I have?

2. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

Wondering the same thing. One option I suppose is to set your iOS device to ONLY receive on your apple id e-mail address. That way they will all be synced. This is however not a option for me. Since not all my contacts have my apple ID saved on their devices. iMessage is not implemented in iCloud as far as I know. Thats annoying and it actually makes iMessage useless for the average Joe.

3. osu2317 macrumors newbie

Should i be seeing imessage sent to my phone through my phone number on my mac? That's what i was hoping for at least. may have to wait for ios6 for that to happen....

4. ProphetX macrumors regular

Yes you should. Just make sure your phone number is listed as mobile phone on apples site and then go to your iOS devices and toggle iMessage off and then on again. Shorty after activation is completed you should get the confirmation pop ups.

5. osu2317 macrumors newbie

ok i added my mobile number to my account on apple.com.... toggled on and off on my phone.... ill wait to see if it starts to work

6. FX4568 thread starter macrumors 6502