How to sync iphone contacts with webmail!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by icclebug, May 25, 2010.

1. icclebug macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and really need some advice as this issue has been driving me mad.

I have an iphone 3gs and currently it syncs fine with my Yahoo email so all the contacts come across ok. The issue I have is that I have a webmail email address for work and I just can't get it to sync with the contacts.

I have a Macbook too, so all my contacts sync with the iphone and go into the address book. I know that I can only export them in a 'v card' which I cannot then import into my webmail account. The webmail account only accepts CSV files.

Can someone please help, it's really frustrating having to input contacts twice.

Many thanks

Rich :):):)

2. foranor macrumors regular

Sounds like me.

I think you (we) are stuck. The only solution I see is exporting from yahoo instead of your macbook, although I'm not sure what yahoo can export into. Might be csv though, too.

My main email is on a private server and has no exchange connect, nor any way to sync with the iphone. A pain in the rearend, I tell you.

3. icclebug thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply, I agree what a nightmare.

I can export from Yahoo in a CSV format (which is the only format my webmail accepts) but if I do that I have to import all contacts form Yahoo....and hey presto it duplicates everything on my webmail.

Cant win!!!!

Rich:)