How to sync iPhone MobileMe calendar without internet connnection?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by muaythai, Jun 15, 2011.

1. muaythai macrumors member

I'm trying to sync my iPhone's calendar to my MobileMe calendar, which is easy when I'm on wifi or have a data plan. Currently, I have neither as I'm in another country, on top of a mountain, with only a USB modem. So I can only connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro via USB cable.

Is there any way to sync my MobileMe calendar using USB and iTunes? Or any other method that doesn't require wifi/data connection?

2. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Turn off the MobileMe sync and sync to your laptop instead.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So you have your iPhone, you have your MacBook Pro and a USB cable with no internet/data and you can't figure out how to sync your Calendar?

How about you turn off Mobile Me and for the rest of your trip you Sync your iPhone directly with your MacBook Pro the old fashion way.

4. muaythai thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll try sync'ing directly to my MacBook, which I assume is an option in the iCal preferences. It's funny b/c it's probably extremely basic- I've just always used MobileMe :rolleyes:

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

It's not an option in iCal. It's an option in iTunes to sync calendar, contacts, etc.

6. muaythai thread starter macrumors member

Thanks mrtune- found it under Info- sync'ing now.