How to sync iPhone with 1Password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArthurDaley, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ArthurDaley macrumors regular

I've not been able to get the iPhone to sync with 1Password for the life of me.

It talks about "secure wifi" sync but does not tell you what it means by secure wifi (WEP/WPA - what).

Surely it should sync with a cable going into the Mac?

Surely it should be simple?

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Is the name of your iPhone displaying in the 'Sync to iPhone' window?

3. lovemyiphone macrumors member

I think you have to have the desk top version of 1Password to sync.

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Go to the Agile Software pages and look at the FAQs there, http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/. There are a few things you need to check to make sure it will sync. As long as both your Mac and iPhone are connected to the same wireless network, then you can sync. I'm syncing both an iPhone and iPod Touch to my 1Password app on my MBP.

5. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Assuming you have the desktop version, you can wirelessly sync the passwords from your saved sites to your phone.

While the desktop version is a wonderful example of how a password application should react, the iphone version is a miserable failure IMO!
    You must browse through the application to even utilize the software, in which it does not enter any of the long keychains that are stored, the user must type in both user name and password.

So if you have a consolidated way of using your user names and passwords then there really is no advantage other than a little reminder that could be accomplished by utilizing the notes feature already there.

Lets hope they can get around apples chokehold and make the app useful.

6. ArthurDaley thread starter macrumors regular

No.

Yes I have the desktop version.

So I assume it will not sync with the cable which seems a bit crap as there is no WiFi where I am right now.

And before I was on an open WiFi network - no security issue for me as it was at a private residence in the middle of nowhere.