How to sync iphone3g with a second pc without losing data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VillA, Jan 26, 2011.

1. VillA macrumors newbie

Hey guys, got a bit of a situation here and don't really know what i can do about it. Hope that someone can help me out!

I have an iphone3g, haven't been able to sync, backup or update for quite a while now (about 4 months), which means a have a lot of new data that i really don't wanna lose. I cant sync my phone with my old PC because its stored away due to moving reasons.

Having said that, i'd really love to know how i can sync my phone with a second PC without any loss of data.

Also I heard that google has some sort of sync for backing up contacts, calendar, etc. If someone knows how to access it plz let me know because that way i wouldn't mind restoring my iphone and losing my music, podcasts and apps. I can get all of that back, what i would mind losing are my contacts notes, settings, etc.

Is there a way to sync music to the iphone without itunes?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I know you can use iPhone explorer to back up stuff. However, to sync to another computer without loss, you'd have to copy all the stuff on the original to the 2nd computer. It'd be better to have your iTunes stuff on an external HD. You can use any computer you want.
    Others might be able to help you with google sync.