How to sync iTouch calendar with 2 computers?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phat Elvis, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

So I have my iTouch synced with iTunes, iCal and Address book on my iMac (that's a lot of lowercase i's). But I use two computers.

How can I sync my iCal and Address book from the iTouch with my Powerbook? Evertime I try it warns me that it's going to erase all of my apps and other stuff on the iTouch. Is it possible to have the iPod Touch synch with more than one computer?

Oh, and I don't want to set up a .Mac account.

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

MobileMe is the primary way to do what you want to do. An iPod touch is not intended to sync with more than one computer at a time over USB.

The other option is to use a CalDAV server. Google calendar has a free beta implementation of this. I'm not sure of the details, but this should work for the calendar. I'm not sure of an efficient way to sync contacts between computers without MobileMe.

3. Phat Elvis thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. And, grrrrr to being forced to buy something like MobileMe to use my own machines.

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

No one is forcing you to do anything. :) There are other programs like ChronoSync that do a full system sync, but I think they overcomplicate things.

You can usually find MobileMe pretty cheap on eBay. As much as half price.

5. KillerSmo macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing! Thanks for the tip!