How to sync mail accounts from Mac to iPhone? INFO tab is gone!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by HarryPot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Before, I was able to sync everything from my Mac to my iPhone. By going to the Info tab, but now it is gone!

I use several e-mail accounts from work (POP and IMAP), and setting them up from scratch in every iOS device is a pain.

How can I sync them from my Mac?

2. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

You can't. Syncserver is gone.

3. ivnj macrumors 65816

Just download betterwebmail for iPhone. You can set up a icon for each account.

4. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

That doesn't solve anything I'm afraid. What about other items you could sync under info tab - bookmarks, contacts and calendars.
    I think removing info tab in iTunes on Maverick is totally pathetic move by Apple.
    I don't use and don't want to use iCloud and therefore I can't sync any of the above mentioned items with my Mac, iPad and 2 iPhones anymore :(
    Think about going back to Mountain Lion now...

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Like has been suggested in many of the other threads, you can set up your own mail, contact, and calendar servers to push the data out tom these devices. You can also use VPN connections if you are worried about the data being sent out through the internet unencrypted as well. OS X Server adds these capabilities to Mavericks for $20. You then host your own and contra, your own. I have been doing this for years.

As a side not, is it Mavericks that removed the capabilities or the latest release of iTunes? Just wondering as if you were to roll back your OS and it is iTunes related, it may only be time before the capability is removed in ML and prior as well?

You could also use a virtual image and run the Windows iTune version as it is still available in Windows.

6. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Apple didn't remove anything from iTunes. Run the current iTunes on ML and you can USB sync media.

What Apple did was remove SyncServices from OS X. This framework was deprecated in Lion, still supported in ML, and removed in Mavericks.

7. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

The worst is that iCloud is useless for my work accounts. I don't want to forward all my work mail to my iCloud account.

I agree, there are workarounds, but they all seems quite hard to do. What happened to maintaining simplicity?:(