How to sync multiple iPhoto libraries to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MH1972, Jun 2, 2010.

1. MH1972 macrumors newbie

iTunes seems to only sync the most recently opened iPhoto library. I've got multiple iPhoto libraries that I want/need to view on my iPad. What's the point in Apple allowing users to create multiple iPhoto libraries but not be able to view them on an iPad!

2. btrav13 macrumors 6502

With iTunes open and the iPad connected, click on the iPad on the left menu bar. Choose "Photos" in the top row of tab options. Then select either "sync all pictures" or "selected albums". I have all of my iPhoto albums on my iPad right now.

3. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

You missed the point of the question. The OP has more than one iPhoto Library. iTunes only allows you to select a single iPhoto or Aperture Library to sync with. As far as I know there is no way round this within iTunes. The only way I can think of is to have your iPhoto libraries setup to use referenced files then chose to sync your iPad with the folder containing these photos. This isn't a very good solution though as you no longer get all the extras that come with syncing with iPhoto and Aperture.

4. titusm macrumors newbie

A very good question. In order to keep my photomanagement light, I decided to split my existing Aperture 3 library in two. But then, iTunes let's you only sync one of them, the most recent library, with the iPad or iPhone.

"Sorry mum, I can't show you the old pics. The iPad only syncs my most recent shots."

You could publish albums from library A to MobileMe and subscribe them to library B. But still, there is no point. I tend to merge my libraries to one and hope that it will not slow down the workflow within Aperture.

5. Diveactive macrumors newbie

Diveactive

Ok I have the same trouble with my iPod the first time I installed aperture 3 all worked out ok . Now for some reason It will only down load from I photos or another library from aperture 3 .

My main Library when i open it as resent , Will not sync . message.
    I pod "gary Bridger's i pod cannot be synced
    The required file cannot be found.

I have managed to delete I photo 09 cache and it work with that down loading photos but does not with aperture 3 . help! Why?:mad:

6. guidoseitz macrumors newbie

7. barenature macrumors newbie

You can import all your iPhoto libraries with the upcoming version of Pixelsync. The current version (1.1) only supports Aperture libraries, but version 1.2 (which will be released this month) provides support for iPhotos as well and multiple libraries. You can find more at www.pixelsyncapp.com. Is this what you are looking for?

8. barenature macrumors newbie

For those of you interested, Pixelsync 1.2 is out and now fully supports iPhoto libraries in addition to Aperture libraries. Pixelsync also supports multiple libraries and multiple hosts (Macs).