How to sync music/pictures WITHOUT iTunes??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by asdf212, Oct 28, 2010.

1. asdf212 macrumors regular

I am unable to sync with my computer as my iPhone is already synced with another computer, and I dont want to lose everything and start over. Is there any way to transfer music/pictures WITHOUT iTunes?

2. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

PC or MAC?

pictures:
    for MAC - i used Image Capture.app.
    for PC - it should show up as a camera device so you can drag pics off of it in explorer.

for music im not sure. i use itunes.

3. asdf212 thread starter macrumors regular

Im actually using a Mac..

Has anyone tried 'Movement?' - for somereason it will not work on my computer.

4. AznHustler macrumors member

5. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Movement is an outdated app to move springboard icons around before Apple introduced it in 4.0 firmware.

6. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

On the Mac side, there is no offering that I know of that effectively manages your music w/o iTunes. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

On the PC side, there is an excellent, simple, low-resource and free app called CopyTrans Manager, which is an absolute godsend as far as I'm concerned. If I used my Mac as my main computer, I would have parallels installed just for this application.

7. sdmfer macrumors member

8. Skipp2k macrumors newbie

If you are on windows then look for pwntunes in cydia. A bit expensive but well woth the cost, you can even download music through safari then Sync it to the ipod app, also just connect it to any pc to transfare music over, no need for any other app.