How to sync my works Microsoft Exchange and iPhone without knowing details

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TommyTP, Nov 8, 2012.

1. TommyTP macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my calendar from my work account in Exchange to my iPhone but cannot do it. I rang up the IT guys and asked for server details etc, but they said they do not have a licence for Interns (me) to sync. I also can't use Google Calender thing to by pass it as I need the ITs to give me authorisation to download the Calender sync to my computer. I'm worried that I am going to miss meetings without my calendar synched to my phone as I am terribly unorganised without it. Is there a way to sync it without asking my company, or a way to find out the details that I need without asking them?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You might be able to get the server setting by taking a look at a co-worker's phone that has Exchange activated. Even then, I suspect the IT crew is going to have to enable this access for your account and it will not work.

3. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Unless the IT folks enable ActiveSync for your Exchange Account, it will not work, whether you have the settings or not (and the "settings" are only the Server name and your Active Directory account details - in most Exchange shops, the Server name is the same as your Outlook Web App address).

Exchange is designed to be secure and not allow remote connections from smartphones unless the specific user account is authorised and enabled for ActiveSync.