How to Sync Notes on iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fab5freddy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

Does anyone know how to Sync Notes on the iPhone ??

would be a big help !

2. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

you can't, sorry.
    If you have a mac google phoneview

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I agree, it would be cool if u could do that. It is puzzling why apple wouldn't have added this feature already.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

evernote is a free app for iphone, mac and pc and its also a web app, and that syncs text, voice, and photo notes

5. chanatown macrumors member

6. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

it sucks that i have tons of notes,
    and now i have to restore my iphone !

The only way to save all the notes is to
    manually write them down.

7. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Not sure what is causing you to have to restore but the the native notes app allows you to email your notes. If the problem you are having doesn't prevent you from emailing you can email your notes to yourself.

Hope that helps.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

The Notes are backed up, so you won't lose them, even after a restore. They just aren't accessible via the desktop.

And check out Things. That's what I'm using to access notes and to-dos on both the iPhone and desktop. It's not perfect, but it's better than Notes, IMO.

9. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Evernote gets my vote. Otherwise Things works great!

10. kylelong100 macrumors newbie

you can use mobilefinder too

i like mobilefinder for notes as the text files can be organized with files.

to synch, you can do it in mac or windows, you do have to follow the instructions, but was easy for me.

anyone else use this program for this?

11. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

there was some sync code in the latest itunes build or snow leopard build i think? From what i remember, it was pulled but we can hope it will come back and make requests to apple using the feedback from

12. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

There was rumor of the native Notes being able to sync in a coming patch, 2.1 possibly, but no word lately.

13. mikelliott macrumors member

Evernote

Evernote is the way to go since you can sync to your iphone, desktop, work computer and access everything from the web if you are traveling. It's free if you keep you usage down under 40meg.

14. bluedevils macrumors member

Another option is 1password. It has a notes section. You can sync the iphone with the mac version. The iphone version is free, but the mac version is not.

Personally I'm trying to avoid having my information kept on somebody else's server which I believe evernote does.

15. jrdmcgr macrumors newbie

Some other options...

Evernote doesn't let you edit notes that you have already created. It is almost useless for keeping a list.

Try syncbook which offers the best note syncing solution that I've found. It syncs over wifi to a desktop client. You can edit the textfiles in the editor of your choice. I think it costs $4 in the app store. It still has a few cosmetic bugs here and there, but overall it is stable.

Writeroom also has a clever document sharing option, which lets you edit notes on an identical iPhone interface within Safari. However, it doesn't actually sync, but you have to copy/paste to get them on to your desktop.

I've yet to try MobileFinder. It looks promising.

16. locifcan macrumors newbie

Notes management

This works fine for me....but the single note file which larger than 1MB may not be shown correctly.

17. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I've been using "Things" and its been absolutely awesome. It syncs beetween my MBP and iPhone via WiFi and it works great.

18. alainr macrumors regular

syncbook--can you edit categories on the imac?

i bought syncnotes but can't figure out how to edit/add categories on my imac. i can only do it on my itouch. is there a way to do it on the computer?

19. alainr macrumors regular

things--does it work well for notes?

from what i have read on forums, things is meant for to do lists.
    does it work well for notes? allow you to categorize?
    once you sync with your imac, can you access the notes on your itouch when you do not have on-line access?
    any negative features about things?
    thanks!

20. mikecaldow macrumors newbie

21. gausian macrumors newbie

Manage Iphone Notes online

Hi all,

Found this website www.geenote.com which is quite useful in managing iphone notes online.

Thanks.

22. DanBurns91 macrumors regular

If your a mac user and have an iCloud account your notes will automatically sync between iPhone and mac. To view them just click into your mail.

23. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

What he said. My sync.

24. weintrw macrumors newbie

Also Outlook

Outlook keeps copies of your notes. If it already on your Mac look for Notes as a category and they are there. You can edit them too. BUT I would not buy Office, of course, just for this. I got Office Academic for $100 in MicroCenter store. Includes Word too.

I do agree that Apple should have long ago made it easy to sync and edit notes on desktops.